The Bike24 August 2019 ·
This is my bike there are many like it but this one is mine!
I bought the bike in 2012 as mentioned before, after the London Olympics. The only thing that is standard on the bike is the frame. It’s gone through a lot of modifications over the years.
- FRAME: Giant TCR Composite 2 (54cm)
- STEM: Zipp Service Course SL Stem (90mm)
- HANDLEBAR: Zipp SL-70 Aero (42cm)
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra R8000 compact 50/34t
- GROUPSET: Shimano Ultegra R8000
- WHEELS: Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Clinchers
- SADDLE: Specialized S-Works carbon Power
- TYRES: Vittoria Corsa G+ (25mm)
As we enter 2020 I am looking at getting a new bike, I am looking at the Venge Pro - SRAM eTAP The Giant will be my dedicated training bike / crit racer, this will mean once again the Giant will go through some changes.
- Swapping the frame to a Specialized Allez Sprint
- Swapping the crankset from a 50/32 to a larger 53/39
- Installing Ceramic Speed BB bearings to help save important watts.
- I will be keeping the bike with rim brakes, braking in crits isn’t really the done thing apparently. LOL!
I will keep the blog up to date with bike changes and modifications. I will be posting a similar post when I get my new bike.